* Social Background
* Professional Background
* Cultural Background
Affect relationships and the way people communicate
Children or young people that have been brought up in different circumstances to others, may impede their chances of an opportunity to develop their language and communicating skills with others. This may be social, race or cultural. Upbringing also may include extended family life such as new step families and indeed single parents. All changes effect children??™s lives and their social skills.
Other difficulties we may encounter can be outside the home and within the environment, for instance, no local library to study, high crime areas, which would be unsafe to play in. Thus making communication more problematic.
If parents or carers can stimulate the child in general conversations, this will lead to substantial advantages with their communication and learning skills.
You will need to adapt the way you communicate in different circumstances, this will need to be on a more formal level when dealing with professional matters, for example in a meeting.
Ensuring an e-mail or phone call is returned or answered promptly.
Modern society today we live in a multi racial and multi cultural community. Within early years children may not speak English in the home environment, or may even be bi lingual. However each child must be treated as an individual as their abilities will vary. Do not assume that their language skills will be limited due to their culture. In some cultures it is impolite to look directly into someone??™s eyes when talking to them, bearing this in mind as an example, always show consideration and respect to all.
Relationships whatever the background take a long time to build up, we should never judge upon any of these backgrounds, treat each person individually and with respect. In turn this will develop and achieve a mutual and respect and trust for each other.
We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!
Related essay samples:
- For inquisitiveness and curiosity become more prevalent,
- Why Effective Communication Is Important in Developing Positive Relationships with Children?
- Language & Human Communication
- Communication in Childcare
- Unit 331 Understanding Children and Young Person’s Development. Assignment (Task)
- 3.1 We need to make sure we
- The Importance of Partnership with Parents for All Aspects of the Child Care Service
- The Reasons Why Children and Young Peoples Development
- Eymp 5
- Unit 068239 Unique Learner Number (ULN): Learning
- The Standard and Non-Standard English Language
- Children and young people’s development
- 403 K4D807
- Competency Goal 6 Cda
- How to Establish Respectful, Professional Relationships with Children and Young People?