* Aims and characteristics: – The National instruction policy on instruction ( 1986 ) is known as new instruction policy ( NEP ) . The call for the National instruction policy was foremost give by Prime Minister of India Shri Rajiv Gandhi in his broadcast to the state on 5th Jan. 1985. The demand for new policy from the fact execution of 1968 NEP was incomplete a non any National policy on Education was passed by the Loksabha on May 8th and Rajjya sabha on May 13th 1986. This policy contains XII parts and 157 paragraphs on different facets on instruction. * Outstanding Features: –
I. Kernel and Role of Education: – I. All Round development: It is cardinal to hold instruction for all and all unit of ammunition development. and religious. two. Acculturating role- ( Progressive function ) : – Independence of head and spirit. three. Man power development –Education develops manpower for different degree of the economic system. It ultimate warrant of national autonomy. four. Investing: – Education is an alone investing in the present and future this coordinal rule is the key to national policy on instruction II. National system of instruction: – I.
Concept of national system: All pupil irrespective of dramatis personae. credo. location or Sexual activity have right to hold entree ( manner ) to instruction of comparable quality. two. Common Education Structure: – The national policy on instruction has a common instruction construction Internet Explorer. 10+2+3 construction. This construction has now been kept in all parts of the state. 10 agencies -6 year of primary instruction 2 year of upper primary 2 year of high school +2 means -2 year of higher secondary +3 means -college of 3 years – grade of B. A. three. National curricular model: – Contains a common nucleus along with other constituents that are flexible.
We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!
four. Minimum degree of acquisition will be for each phase of instruction. v. International apprehension strengthen peace. six. Equal chance: – For advancing equality it is necessary to supply for equal chance. This is possible through nucleus course of study. seven. Promotion of nexus of other linguistic communications: – Many multi linguistic communication lexicons and glossaries will be published to advance nexus between different linguistic communications. eight.
Lifelong instruction: – Opportunities will be provided to the young person. homemaker. agricultural and industrial workers & A ; professional to go on the instruction of their pick at their ain topographic point. nine. Institution of National importance: – The establishments which will be strengthened to play an of import function in giving form to the state system of instruction will be development. III. Educational for Equality: – The NEP lays accents for the equality in the undermentioned commissariats.
1 ) Educational for women’s equality: – I. Status of adult females ii. Women’s survey three. Promotion of women’s illiteracy four. Women’s engagement in proficient & A ; vocational instruction. 2 ) Education of scheduled castes: Equalization of educational development with non-scheduled castes at all degrees of instruction in all countries.
3 ) Education of scheduled folks: There are assorted steps being taken to convey scheduled folks with others. 4 ) Other Educationally backward subdivisions and countries: Suitable inducement will be provided to all educationally backward subdivisions of society. peculiarly in the rural countries. 5 ) Minorities: Some groups are educationally deprived greater attending will be paid to the instruction of these groups in the involvement of equality and societal justness. 6 ) The disableds: – The NEP proposes to incorporate the physically and mentally handicapped with the general community as equal spouses.
7 ) Adult and go oning Education: – 1 ) Strengthening the bing programme. 2 ) Mass literacy programme 3 ) Programmes of grownup and go oning instruction. IV. Reorganization of instruction at different phases: – New educational policy has mode valuable commissariats for reorganisation of instruction at different phases. I ) Early on childhood attention and instruction: – This will be given high precedence and be appropriately integrated with the integrated kid development services programme where of all time possible. There will be * Child oriented programme.
* Integration of kid attention and pre-primary instruction two ) Primary Education: – The highest precedence will be given to work out the jobs of kids dropping out of school. a ) Education should hold Universal enrolment Up to 14 year of Age Substantial betterment in quality of instruction B ) Child centered attack and activity based procedure of acquisition should be adopted at primary phase. degree Celsius ) Commissariats for indispensable installations in primary school. vitamin D ) Non formal education- Programme launched to educate school dropouts. working kids. kids remain off from school.
Facilities to be provided such as – * Modern engineering AIDSs. * Talented teachers * Training for teachers. * Need centered course of study * Leaning stuff three ) Secondary Education: – Exposes pupils to understand their constitutional responsibilities and rights as citizens. Vocationalisation through specialised establishments. four ) Vocationsation of Education: – It received a really high precedence in the new policy. V ) Higher Education: – Must be dynamic six ) Provision for Open University & A ; Distance acquisition. V.
Technical and Management Education: – Technical work force information system will be developed and beef up go oning Education covering established every bit good as emerging engineerings will be promoted. Programs of computing machine literacy will be organized on broad graduated table from school phase. Training to it will from past of professional instruction. VI. Making the system work: – For the advancement of state the policy should work for this intent. it is indispensable that all the instructors should learn and all the pupils should analyze.
Related essay samples:
- What are the differences betwe
- Evaluation of equality and diversity in childcare Essay
- Explain What Is Meant by the Term National Curriculum
- THE RIGHT TO EDUCATION AND HUMAN RIGHTS
- Women Equal Status With Men Essay
- Gender Equality in Malaysia
- Role of Youth and Millennium Development Goals : Challenges and Opportunities
- Open High School Program
- Antebellum America (Educational Reform) Essay
- Plato Book V Is Plato a Feminist
- Education Reform Essay
- Compare and contrast the education system in Saudi Arabia with UK Essay
- Education in Culture Essay
- National Education Essay