Each lab in this manual requires that you answer inquiries. make screen shootings. and execute other activities that you will document in a worksheet named for the lab. such as Lab01_worksheet. docx. It is recommended that you use a USB flash thrust to hive away your worksheets. so you can subject them to your teacher for reappraisal. As you perform the exercisings in each lab. open the appropriate worksheet file. fill in the needed information. and salvage the file to your brassy thrust. After finishing this lab. you will be able to:
Perform a clean Windows Server 2012 installing on a bare metal computing machine Upgrade a waiter to Windows Server 2012
Install the Windows Server Migration Tools
Estimated lab clip: 60 proceedingss
Exercise 1. 1
Performing a Clean Installation
In this exercising. you install Windows Server 2012 on a new computing machine with no antecedently installed operating system. Mindset
In many instances. organisations purchase waiters without runing systems installed—sometimes called bare metal servers—either because they have an bing licence understanding or because they intend to buy the OS through another channel. In these instances. you perform what is known as a clean operating system installing. which is a process that creates a new waiter with its default operating system scenes. Completion clip
We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!
1. Choose the SVR-SO-A computing machine. on which the Windows Server 2012 installing disc is mounted and loaded. The Windows Setup page appears. 2. Click Next to accept the default values for the Language to put in. Time and currency format. and Keyboard or input method parametric quantities. Another Windows Setup page appears. 3. Snap the Install now button. The Select the operating system you want to put in page appears. 4. Choice Windows Server 2012 Datacenter ( Server with a GUI ) and click Next. The License footings page appears. 5. Select I accept the licence footings and chink Next. The Which type of installing do you desire? page appears. 6. Click Custom: Install Windows merely ( advanced ) . The Where do you desire to put in Windows? page appears ( see Figure 1-1 ) .
The Where do you desire to put in Windows page
7. Select Drive 0 Unallocated Space and click Next. The Installing Windows page appears as the system installs Windows Server 2012.
What should you make if the thrust on which you want to put in Windows Server 2012 already has a divider on it incorporating an operating system and informations you do non necessitate? Reformat the thrust and do a new divider for the OS
What should you make if the Where do you desire to put in Windows? page appears. but it does non name any thrusts or dividers? Make sure that the thrust is plugged in. If it is. make Load Driver if utilizing a RAID accountant.
8. After several proceedingss and a system restart. the Settings page appears. 9. In the Password and Reenter watchword text boxes. type Pa $ $ w0rd and click Finish. The Windows security page appears. demoing the clip. 10. Click Ctrl+Alt+Del and log on utilizing the Administrator history with the watchword Pa $ $ w0rd. The Server Manager console appears. 11. Click Local Server in left window glass. so click the Computer Name nexus. The System Properties sheet appears. 12. Click Change. The Computer Name/Domain Changes duologue box appears. 13. In the Computer name text box. type SVR-SO-A and click OK. Angstrom
message box appears. stating you to re-start the computing machine. 14. Click OK. Then click Close. Another message box appears. 15. Click Restart Now. The system restarts.
End of exercising. You can go forth the Windowss open for the following exercising. Exercise 1. 2
Performing an Ascent Installation
In this exercising. you install Windows Server 2012 on a computing machine running Windows Server 2008 R2. Mindset
Assuming that a server meets all the demands and has compatible drivers and applications installed. it is possible to execute an in-place ascent. which retains all the system’s package. informations. and constellation scenes. However. the more complex the waiter constellation. the more likely it will be for mutual exclusivenesss to originate. ensuing in an terminal consequence that is unstable or otherwise debatable. Completion clip
1. Choose the SVR-SO-B computing machine. which loads Windows Server 2008 R2 and displays the Server Manager console. 2. Using Server Manager. determine which functions are installed on the waiter and do a note of them in the infinite on your worksheet. FIle Server
Web Server ( ISS )
3. Click Start & gt ; Run. The Run duologue box appears.
4. In the Open text box. type vitamin D: setup. exe and click OK. The Windows Setup window for Windows Server 2012 appears. 5. Click Install Now. The Get of import updates for Windows Setup page appears. 6. Click No thanks. The Select the operating system you want to put in page appears. 7. Choice Windows Server 2012 Datacenter ( Server with a GUI ) and click Next. The License footings page appears. 8. Select I accept the licence footings and chink Next. The Which type of installing do you desire? page appears. 9. Click Ascent: Install Windows and maintain files. scenes. and applications. The
compatibility study page appears. Question3
Under what conditions would the Upgrade option non be available to you during the Windows Server 2012 installing procedure. If the version of Windows Server was excessively old to be upgraded.
10. Review the compatibility information provided and click Next. The Upgrading Windows page appears. Question4
The compatibility notes that appear during this exercising are recommendations ; they do non forestall you from executing the ascent. However. in a real-world upgrade state of affairs. this might non be the instance. Give an illustration of a compatibility note that will halt the upgrade procedure and force you to take action before re-starting the installing. No proper driver support for older RAID/NIC cards.
11. The upgrade procedure installs Windows Server 2012 and any compatible applications that existed on the waiter before you began the ascent. The computing machine restarts several times and ends up on the chief logon screen.
The length of clip required for the Windows Server 2012 upgrade procedure can be 20 proceedingss or more. depending on the figure and type of applications. files. and constellation scenes on the computing machine at the beginning.
12. Click Ctrl+Alt+Del and log on utilizing the Administrator history and the watchword Pa $ $ w0rd. The Windows Server 2012 desktop appears and Server Manager loads. 13. Click Local Server in the left window glass. take a screen shooting of the Properties window by pressing Alt+Prt Scr. and so glue it into your Lab 1worksheet file in the page provided by pressing Ctrl+V.
14. Using Server Manager. determine which functions are installed on the waiter and do a note of them in the infinite on your worksheet.
What cogent evidence do you hold that the process merely completed has upgraded the
operating system on the computing machine and non merely performed a new. clean installing? The functions are still in the waiter listing.
End of exercising. You can go forth the Windowss open for the following exercising.
Exercise 1. 3
Installing Windows Server Migration Tools
In this exercising. you install the Windows Server Migration Tools. which enable you to migrate functions from an bing waiter to a new waiter running Windows Server 2012. Mindset
Compared to an in-place ascent. a side-to-side migration is a more complex process. but normally consequences in a more stable waiter constellation. Windows Server 2012 includes tools that facilitate the migration of certain functions. but before you can utilize them. you must deploy those tools on both the beginning and the finish waiter. Completion clip
1. Choose the SVR-SO-A computing machine. on which you installed Windows Server 2012. antecedently in this lab. SVR-SO-A will be the finish waiter in the migration. 2. Click Ctrl+Alt+Del. The Windows login page appears. with the Administrator user history. 3. In the Password text box. type Pa $ $ w0rd and imperativeness Enter. The Server Manager console tonss. 4. In Server Manager. chink Manage & gt ; Add Roles and Features. The Add Roles and Features Wizard appears. exposing the Before you begin page. 5. Click Next. The Select installing type page appears.
6. Click Next to accept the default Role-based or feature-based installing type. The Select finish waiter page appears. 7. Click Next to accept the default scenes. which install the selected functions and characteristics to the local waiter. The Select waiter functions page appears. 8. Click Next to go on. The Select features page appears ( see Figure 1-2 ) .
The Select features page of the Add Roles and Features Wizard
9. Choose the Windows Server Migration Tools cheque box and click Next. The Confirm installing choices page appears. 10. Click Install. The ace installs the Windows Server Migration Tools characteristic. 11. When the installing is completed. chink Close. The ace closes. 12. To put in the Windows Server Migration Tools on SVR-SO-C. the beginning waiter in the migration. you must make a distribution booklet on SVR-SO-A and dwell it with the installing files for the tools. To make a distribution booklet for the Windows Server Migration Tools on SVR-SO-A. open the Start screen and right-click anyplace around the boundary line to expose the icon saloon. Question6
Why can you non put in the Server Migration Tools to the waiter running Windows Server 2008 waiter utilizing the Add Roles and Features Wizard on your waiter running Windows Server 2012? You can non use functions to take down versions of Windows Server utilizing the GUI. it has to be done though powershell or bid line.
13. Click All apps. The Apps page appears.
14. Right-click Command Prompt and. from the icon saloon. choice Run as decision maker. An Administrator: Command Prompt window appears. 15. At the prompt. type cadmium windowssystem32ServerMigrationTools and imperativeness Enter. 16. At the prompt. type SmigDeploy. exe /package /architecture “amd64” /os WS08R2 /path “C: users” and imperativeness Enter. The plan creates the Windows Server Deployment Tools distribution booklet in the specified location. 17. Take a screen shooting of the Command Prompt window by pressing Alt+Prt Scr and so glue it into your Lab 1 worksheet file in the page provided by pressing Ctrl+V. 18. To portion the distribution booklet. in the Command Prompt window. type net portion WSMT=C: Users. End of exercising. You can go forth the Windowss open for the following exercising.
Accessing a WSMT Distribution Point
After finishing Exercise 1. 3. a user on SVR-SO-C. the beginning waiter for the migration. can entree the installing files for the Windows Server Migration Tools from the distribution point on the finish waiter. SVR-SO-A. Mindset
After making a distribution point for the Windows Server Migration Tools on the waiter running Windows Server 2012. the beginning waiter can entree the distribution point over the web. or by copying the files on a portable storage device. Completion clip 10 proceedingss
To finish the challenge. you must put in the Windows Server Migration Tools on SVR-SO-C by accessing the shared distribution booklet on SVR-SO-A and running the Smigdeploy. exe plan with no parametric quantities from an Administrative bid prompt. Then. take a screen shooting of the Command Prompt window B
Y pressing Alt+Prt Scr and so glue it into your Lab 1worksheet file in the page provided by pressing Ctrl+V.
The distribution booklet is already shared on SVR-SO-A. but before SVR-SO-C can entree the portion. you must turn on File and Printer Sharing on SVR-SO-A.
End of lab. You can log off or get down a different lab. If you want to re-start this lab. you’ll need to snap the End Lab button in order for the lab to be reset.
Related essay samples:
- Computer Operating System Essay Research Paper An
- Win Snort
- How To Set Up Remote Desktop Information Technology Essay
- Web Server Development for Sensor Observation Service
- Windows 2008 Network Services Essay
- IPSec Policies Essay
- MySQL server Essay
- Perform a Byte-Level Computer Audit Essay
- Client-server and Fred Jones
- The user side and server side factors Essay
- Preventive Measures To Avoid Spreading Viruses Computer Science Essay
- Management: Paying for patching Essay
- Headline From the list of colors, you
- Advantages Disadvantages Of Cloud Com
- How to Make Your Website Work for You Essay